Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




Buying a Dell (Part 1)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



With the recent conclusion of PC Fair, I inevitably make a purchase of a Dell on their online offered. This is the first time I am buying a Dell machine and my first experience with them. Usually I just browse through their website to check on their pricing and spec. and etc but for the very first time I had to go through the real Dell experience.

What I feel and gone through wasn't easy. I felt the information was quite comprehensive but lack certain ease of use interface. Details for specification and etc are good but nevertheless, as I was studying their warranty options I find it a little bit confusing. I needed to refer to another site and needed a few mins to gasp what was it all about. Dellcare Plus, Dellcare Premier and etc..........and in each category there is additional 24/7 support, Dell on-site and etc which make the whole deal more confusing. Finally I understand what was most important/essential was their completecover package. With this cover, any parts breakdown, accident or etc parts would be replace without any charges. Others additional support is only secondary especially on the software support and etc.

After a few hours of going through their steps by steps ordered form, I finally manages to complete it without any hassle and major problem. What I like best about their site is the "Saved To Cart" options. I could just saved it temporarily under my email address and then retrieve it later to complete the purchase.

I only have difficulty with their service warranty issue and some other minor spec. which was not highlighted during the spec. confirmation and etc. Therefore, I needed to open another page on the product without going into https.

Overall the experience was a little bit stressful and not as fun and easy as 1-2-3 as I would like it to be. But considering the amount of spec. and detail a computer usually have I think they still deserve a pat on the back though not on full marks.

Besides the "Save To Cart" options, the 2nd best thing I like about them is their follow-up or ordered status view and info. It is just like FedEx or DHL where you could actually "tracked" the stages your ordered are going through. I place my ordered on the night of 09/12 but was only process on the next working day on the 10/12 and then billed on the 11/12. As of today I see that it is under "Work-In-Progress" category. However, the delivery date is tentatively set for next year.

I like the small detail showing the status and progress of the flow which makes everything so transparent and informative and can be easily read and interpreted. Thumbs up for them on this. I just hope the experience hereafter will be better. But most importantly of all the quality and reliability of the machine I ordered need to be above excellence. After all this is my first experience of using a Dell and if it is disappointing then I guess I will remember this throughout my whole life.


0 Responses to “Buying a Dell (Part 1)”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3