Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




Samsung Service Center, Jln 222 P.Jaya


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Samsung.........hhmmmmmm

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 710V LCD monitor for almost 3 yrs. I inherited it from my bro. However, just approx. 3 yrs past it started to breakdown. It had something to do with temperature protection problem and not with power supply matter. I found out all this through
the hard ways. I couldn't pinpoint the exact problem for weeks. At first I thought it was the driver, display adapter and etc but then after isolating the software side of it, what was left was the hardware side.

I didn't have a choice and had to take out my old CRT Samsung Syncmaster 725s. It wasn't very old but the display quality was very disappointing. I have headache every time reading fine prints or viewing any stuff on the CRT. As for the LCD, I could only use it for approx. 2-3 hrs which by that time the "black out" effect takes over. Hence I have to switch off the supply to the LCD monitor and wait for at least 1/2 hrs with fan and air-con turn on to cool the LCD.

To make matter worst, I couldn't set the monitor to display 1024 x 1280 setting. I could go into this previously but somehow after approx. 3-4 mths ago it started to show breakdown symptom. Every time the LCD screen "black out", I cannot turn it back on. Even restarting
the computer cannot solve the problem. I have to go into safe mode and into VGA display setting. Then only I manage to see anything on the screen. Therefore it has something to do with the screen resolution setting and also the temperature protection design of the LCD to protect the panel.

It left me no other choice since the problem persisted week in and week out. I can't tolerate the CRT out of focus discrepancy. I had to sent to the Samsung service centre already. Everybody that I know of kept telling me to throw the LCD away and get a new one. I said, why waste, perhaps it can be fixed and its just a minor problem.

How wrong I was and I should had listen to all my friends. The moment I called Samsung CS hotline at 1-800-88-9999 little did I know it was a bad choice. The operator was alright but the lady on the line couldn't answer many of my common question. For example, I ask them how long does the warranty valid after servicing. The operator on the phone tells me 3 mth while the front desk lady in Samsung PJ Service Center in Jln 222 told me 1 mth. So I try to ask what any normal and intelligent customer would had ask. Are there any charges I have to pay upfront even if I decide not to repair ? The Malay front desk lady told me no, just a refundable deposit which I can take back. After going home and reading the fine prints in the job sheet was I aware
that I was con. I hate that feeling. Being con and cheated again by some low imbecile uneducated and unfriendly CS operator. Yeah, that's what I like to called them, operator.

To make matter worst, was the fact that they quoted me a sum of RM165.50 just to replace the PCB control board. I ask the technician why so expensive. He answered me, I don't know, company policy and like that lo. All the other front desk lady also same, can't think and always answer like a robot and are not very responsive. All I wanted to know was why it was so expensive ? I told him/her that it is about ~30% the cost of a new LCD and it comes with a 3 yr warranty some more. They all answer me, ya loh. Just as simple as that. Isn't it pathetic and useless talking with them. There is basically something not right with their service charges and on what basis are they calculating from. Perhaps the service charges are based on the stone age era approx. 4-5yrs ago when LCD prices are still very high. Nowadays LCD prices are dropping like flies and hence every few months the prices get revised bit by bit. I just fair to understand how all this Koreans are handling the local staff.

I have heard of their management very good, aggressive, demanding and efficient. However, the front desk and technician are not that good in my eyes. They don't know a thing about their own company product and services on offer. Its real sad the situation and the condition doesn't confine to just only Samsung but some of the other big MNC, like HP. Nothing compare to the services provided by Canon, Panasonic and others great Japanese conglomerate.

Check this out. They are so outdated. They have a service center in PJ and yet the service locator on their website can't find it. Speaks volume of their product and service efficiency.

FYI, until now, I still haven't gotten back my monitor. Will write more on that in the next article. Pathetic staff and company.



0 Responses to “Samsung Service Center, Jln 222 P.Jaya”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3