Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




EPF Part 2


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The other day I read about MAS selling off their MAS training centre in Kelana Jaya for RM 147million to EPF. I don't get it. If you had read the article properly you will notice that Idris Jala are leasing the training centre back from EPF for a sum of RM 8.9million a year. According to the report, MAS is leasing the centre for 5 yrs with the option to extend to another 5 yrs. That works out to

RM 8.9million X 5 yrs = RM 44.5million

Hence, assuming MAS will most likely be leasing for a total of 10yrs......then the amount will come to RM 89million. I am not sure whether that's a good deal or not for EPF or MAS itself. There's a great potential for the land over in Kelana Jaya. I think the place is a gold mine in another few years time. There's a lake, many condo, public park and a big grand mosque. However, I have doubt on the land status of MAS training centre cause as far as I know, all the land in the area belongs to PKNS and its all leasehold.

Another point I figure is on how EPF are going to manage all this huge investment in 2007. I am keeping my finger cross this year dividend is not going to be anything more than the current ~5% we are getting. Just wish for the best.


0 Responses to “EPF Part 2”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3