Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




CNY Gathering


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Had a mini CNY gathering at my aunt's place yesterday. She was holding it as a farewell gathering to my bro who's leaving for London this weekend. Was a small gathering where only a few close relative staying nearby was invited. Sometimes all this gathering is kind of tiring and dull. If you have too much of it then a bored situation might arises.

Nevertheless, something interesting came out of it. Had a good long chat with my "rich" cousin. I was asking him why he left May Plastic as I thought he was having a good time over there. He was traveling around the world most of the time and playing golf and drinking etc. He told me there was a dispute and the company try to cut him off when he manages to pull a big project in. The whole project value was about 100 million and with a 2% cut he would have pocketed 2 million out of it. However, when the deal was on the verge of being finalize he ask the boss to put in writing and work out the commission he ought to get. This by then was what you call typical china men style reaction. The boss was evasive and was trying hard not to pay him that 2 million. My cousin could have just sit there and do nothing for the rest of next 5 years with the commission. However, sensing that the owner was trying to play some tricks and etc, he decided to leave for better greener pasture.

The hard part to swallow was most probably the fact that the boss was my cousin father friend. So it was a family known friend and my cousin got the job because of his father connection. In fact most of my relatives, cousin job was obtain by close relationship of my uncle with all his associate at the top. Versatile paper, Iris, May Plastic and etc are all my uncle associate while he was at the top of his career. It's really funny. My observation was if what my cousin was telling the truth then he could had make 1-2 million easily. But then there is always 2 side to a coin. I am not too sure what his ex-employer would had said. However, what surprises me is that when he was the marketing guy for the company what was he paid ? All his traveling around the world with full lodging, accommodation and entertainment are covered by the company. The important question was where on earth can you find an employee traveling around the world under his whim and fancy without any pay back. Though most of the time he told me those trip are with his boss and the boss daughter. So perhaps the boss felt he had use lots of money and expenditure and etc and therefore need to make some cut. However, whatever was the case my cousin does deserve a small cut out of the 100 million business he brought in. Nevertheless, you know la....all typical china men company always are greedy and senseless and occasionally notorious.

China men company just don't appreciate human capital and talent. What they only know is money and profit. But before making money and profit we need talent and good sales people. They are the one who bring in all the business. A little bit disappointed for my cousin. Don't think he was too happy either. However life goes on.


0 Responses to “CNY Gathering”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3