Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




Iphone 3G


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Lately been very very busy hence my blog was neglected temporarily.

I have so much to write about. Let me start with Iphone 3G. I bought one recently and unfortunately it is lock to a network. I did some homework on the net and read up all the relevant material for a few days. There was a lot of contradiction, unclear tutorial and also different view from different blog as well as article. Anyway, finally gotten the courage to hack my iphone 3G with yellowsn0w. Fortunately it went smoothly and I have to thank the guys at dev blog for everything as well as those blogs and article I have gone through repeatedly. However the best part and the person I have to thank most is the 7 yrs old kid who taught me how to jailbreak my iphone 3G on youtube.......ahahehe. I know ...I know.....the stare and reaction from some of you guys. Anyway, a 7 yr old kid can jailbreak an iphone 3G............ what more an adult like me. Luckily I didn't outsource the unlocking to some chap on the street alley or some dingy shop in a shopping complex.

The hardest part of unlocking my iphone 3G was the JB (jailbreaking) part. Using yellowsn0w was easy enough cause it was some program that give command to change the baseband and fool the simlock on the iphone. Therefore I am not going to give another tutorial like the 7yr old kid. I would just put up some useful link which you can read yourself and also credit must be given to them for sharing. I find the www a wonderful place cause a lot of people are more willing to share knowledge compare with many of my collegue. Most Chinese Malaysian are very selfish especially those old fashion vernacular school educated.


The youtube link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-E-J5EIoE&annotation_id=annotation_790435&feature=iv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdwh6HBjBUM&feature=related

Article :

Anyway, as I write this article, there is another update and latest information from Apple. Therefore yellowsn0w might be outdated. So this hacking/breaking and counter thing is moving at a very extreme pace. Here are some of the FAQ which was in my mind before I checked and view those youtube videos

  1. Do I need to have a sim card (original locked sim) in the iphone before doing the JB and also yellowsn0w ? Ans: No
  2. Some of the site that I read up (iclarified, dev blog, iphonehack etc) says we need to download the latest firmware ".ipsw". Since my iphone 3G which is locked to O2 UK was bought just 2 weeks ago do I still need to download "ipsw file" ? I have all the latest firmware 2.2 (5G77) and baseband 2.28. Ans: Just download it and do a complete format of the iphone with the firmware ".ipsw".
  3. Can I do yellowsn0w without any network access ? Ans: No you can't. To unlock with yellowsn0w you must have wifi or data network enable to access the repository location.
  4. Do I need wifi for QuickPwn for JB ? Ans: No. Just download QuickPwn and run JB at your own pace anytime. JB and unlocking with yellowsn0w are 2 different thing and separate process. You can do JB and a day later do unlocking with yellowsn0w.
  5. Is this all easy or just give the hp shop assistant/salesmen to do ! Ans: Its all very easy. Why need to give RM300 or more for a 1-2-3 job. Furthermore there are a lot of con men out there who wouln't think twice to take your iphone for a few hours and then tell you later.....opps...sorry when you gave me the hp ? This is very common.
  6. Would I brick/spoilt my phone ? Ans: Well to me all this are just software. I ask myself does Apple produce 2 different version for the whole world ? Meaning 2 different hardware ? Don't think so. Reason is cost. So from my technical point of view this locking and unlocking are usually software control. Flashing them with the correct code.
  7. Can I still access my itunes after JB and unlocking. Ans: Yes. Just don't update anything thereafter with regard to baseband version or anything. Disconnect your net when accessing itunes for safe precaution.


0 Responses to “Iphone 3G”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3