Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




My Lorenzo Experience


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




This happen approx. a month ago. There was this big full page advertisement under the title Merdeka celebration or something like that. I looked through and saw a reasonable looking sofa which I like. So on the same weekend, we went to the nearest Lorenzo to check the actual set. The sales girl was good, friendly and customer oriented. The price quoted was RM1980 on offered.

However, when we decided to purchase, the sales girl told us that there's no more stock. Even the existing display unit was sold. However, the same sofa design with different fabric from the display unit (of course extra $$$) is available. We query how much have to add with different fabric? I felt the additional 1k extra wasn't worthwhile at first. Let's say if we would had able to purchase RM1980, we could in fact request an extra fabric with an extra 1k. Thus not only were we purchasing the same design with the original fabric but top it up with an extra 2nd fabric with a total of 3k.

Instead since the sales girl told us there's no more "old" fabric as display then we have no choice but take other new fabric. We really like the design, the size, the cutting and above all the outlook which pleases our eye. Since she left us no choice, we abandon the purchase. On the way home, we discuss and felt we really like the design very much. So I figure ok, we go to another Lorenzo branch in K.Damansara. We though we try our luck in case that branch were pulling our legs. You know how Chinamen businesses are run. There's never cohesion and centralization. No organization. Man, was I spot on. Lorenzo in K.Damansara have the exact same sofa and exact same fabric. Wait a minute I noticed there was something not quite right. After looking around, I finally know that the price was totally different from the earlier branch. Over here instead of 1980 they were selling it at 2130.

I ask why there was a discrepancy. In fact the promotion was written all over the paper. I couldn't be wrong. But with those sales girl mentalities, you know la.............."we are right, its this price and its 55% discount instead of 60%." I rest my case and no point arguing with them. Following to that I ask what type of fabric they have and whether there are stock for the exact fabric as shown on display unit. To my astonishment, the answer was yes which was different from the one I had gone earlier. Nevertheless, we opted for another fabric combination and was going to pay when the sales lady ask us " Sir, can you choose another different fabric just in case the first one don't have ?". I was like flabbergasted. Did I hear that correctly !! I mean I choose that fabric which I like very much and thus I don't think I want to have a 2nd choice, 3rd choice and so forth. I ask her, what happens if I pay up and I don't have a 2nd choice. This is not right. I mean this is not an objective examination or anything but something to do with taste and preferences. Quietly I thought to myself, hmmmmmmmmm no wonder some people can take and are allowed to have 2nd, 3rd and 4th wife.
I told the sales girl I insist on having a single fabric of choice. Therefore, I would not pay if she can't confirm the product. You mean to tell me that some of your fabric are leftover and thus old stocks or whatever ? You mean to tell me you are selling this sofa and yet you don't know you have the fabric or not. Can a business be run like this ? I was really disappointed. From that point onwards I knew that Lorenzo is definitely being run by a Chinese businessman. It has all the symptom and tell tale of a Chinese disoriented organisation with no professionalism nor sense. I gave her my no. and told her to called me if you have confirm everything else deal is off. Sayonara. However for the next 2 days I did not hear from her. Only on the 3rd day I receive her called and by then I had gone back to the first Lorenzo and ordered a custom fabric for the sofa of my taste.
Therefore to cut a long story short,
1. Beware that Lorenzo is a typical Chinese business entity.
2. There are different prices at different location. Its not all standardise.
3. They don't know if they have the product or not. They can promise you the moon and the sun but its all still just talk. So don't pay upfront or deposit if they can't give you a confirm answer.
After almost a month of waiting, I finally got my new sofa. It does look nice aesthetically but if you look closer there are flaws and quality issue. Therefore paying almost 3k for a 1.5k product is quite disturbing. Everybody I knew will tell me ".....Lorenzo.......that most expensive and over price furniture store ? " Yeah they are right. Its overprice. I am willing to pay but the product you are getting unfortunately isn't "HIGH CLASS" as if you are paying 20k for it. In addition be prepared to be disappointed a few times before getting your sofa. At first the logistic or lady called me to promise me a date which was 2 weeks earlier. However, on the day I was on leave and so to say an hour before the delivery they called me to inform that they can't delivered cause ......"truck broke down.....blah blah......". In fact earlier appointment had also been delay due to inconvenience and etc. So after making a few calls and telling them the basic of integrity, keeping promises and customer relationship.................finally the 3rd appointment came but not on time.
So the moral of the story is this is just another local company which isn't that impressive.


0 Responses to “My Lorenzo Experience”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3