Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




Bribe


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Hmm........this sound very interesting but let me give a little bit of a background. We all know that the G machinery are very corrupted and to certain extend some private comp which are own by the G as well. Unfortunately through my own experience this is very much a culture as well as the norm thing ingrain in many layers of society as well as company. It is not confined to G corporation anymore.

For example, take the place where I work. Due to my company expansion.............hence this creates an opportunity and a window for corrupt practices to occur. New equipment, new services, new renovation, new computers and etc etc. I still remember vividly when I started working in the company my Japanese boss was a very tough and no nonsense kind of guy. He instil in me the virtual of fairness, good practices whereby every procurement of equipment and services have to be evaluated thoroughly and scrutinise in detail. Every procurement have to have at least more than 3 suppliers or competitor. It was tough then. I have get the best bargain and the best deal in order to be able to submit and get his approval.

After 10 years had past, same company but different Jap and local management. Things had drastically changes for the worst but better for the corrupted few. There is no longer 3 competitive bid. No transparency. Only the corrupted are involve in this procurement now. Its is no longer rotated and hence the corrupted are reigning in supreme. They collaborated with the supplier to make the "BEST" bid and collaborated to misled everybody involve into believing its all above the board. We use to buy direct and not through trading house. We use to believe trading house doesn't add value to some major equipment manufacturer as they are well represented here in MY. Hence, trading house are taking a big slice of cut just to be in the middle of the action. No work but big slice of commission and etc. That's how we use to see it. Therefore we use to go direct and contact manufacturer to get the best deal and negotiate the best equipment available.

Now after the procurement transaction had been completed suppliers take the corrupted few to lavish dinners. Shower them with gifts and souvenirs the way a man try to woo a woman. Can a woman refuse such a lavish and expensive gifts if there wasn't any love link relationship involve ? This had long been happening now and had already set a precedent and now this corrupted culture had been ingrain deeply into the system. I had been observing this for a time now and when the situation had reach cancerous stages, its time I wrote this as a reminder.

I won't be happy to wait for the day when the whole system come crashing down. And I won't be happy to tell some of them.................." I TOLD YOU SO.".


0 Responses to “Bribe”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3