Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




DDR SDRAM (PC3200) - 400MHz


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Lately, had been surfing the web quite often because was trying to find more info about my computer motherboard and system spec. Last Sat I finally manage to upgrade my computer DDR SDRAM to 1.2GB. I was looking high and low for the PC2700 (333MHz) memory module and couldn't find any at all in the local market. Wherever I call the usual answer was no stock, outdated and no longer selling. Was quite disappointed cause I know that its still very common on the net and I could actually ask my bro in UK to order and get it for me. Most of the memory online site are selling and making free delivery in the US and UK. I wondered why there is none over here in My ?

Anyway, after making many calls, found a few shop in Low Yat selling only 512MB of that speed. But I needed 1GB cause then I do not need to dispose of my old DDR of 256MB. Desperate and excited with the whole upgrading chapter, I decided to pay a visit to a local computer store recommended by a friend. I called frantically to ComputerWar early in the morning but couldn't reach anyone. I decided to email them to see any response. After more than 2 hrs of no response I went direct to their store. One of their technical guy attended to my needs. He was a young and arrogant guy. Cause he thought he knows more that me and therefore didn't want to listen to my advice at all. In fact I had did all the research and technical know-how and etc already. Just wanted his opinion and to try the new RAM using 400MHz (PC3200). He didn't bother with my comment and shove me aside. The first thing he mention when he saw my m/b was, no way system cannot support 2GB RAM. I was stun and said what the F^&%k. The m/b spec data sheet clearly mention the system can support up to 2GB. You mean to tell me ASUS is lying ?

Reluctantly, he offer another alternative and back-off from his earlier stand. He would try to update my bios and then have another go at the new RAM. All the while I was looking at him and observing his antics and aware of the actions he was taking. He must have been thinking I was computer illiterate and therefore only use the computer by turning switch ON/OFF. After many blunder and mistake cause was trying to show off his skills and fast pace work rate, he finally manage to get the RAM working and the BIOS recognised the new 1GB DDR SDRAM. With the blink of an eye he ask one of the sales girl there to issue me a bill and sent me home. I was stun. I ask him was the RAM new or a used RAM for his testing purposes or etc. He gave me a "don't care" answer and mention its all lifetime warranty with Kingston module. Therefore no warranty card, no boxes, no marking or whatsoever.

Didn't want to stay there any longer cause its a small place (600sqmeter2) and smell like sardine already with more and more people. As long as my RAM are working alright then I don't care with other issues. So I make my payment and quickly left the place. Back home, I recheck the RAM with AIDA32 and found the module was SAMSUNG. Now I'm beginning to suspect what king of RAM he gave me. Still I ignore all this minor issue and then all of a sudden when I was working on the net and etc the system totally reset. Hmmm.......is it the RAM or the OS ? Now I'm in big trouble. There are many things inside the system and I haven't back up anything yet. Going to get to the bottom of this problem later this week.

Below are some of the site I used to research on my m/b and RAM.

1. Asus
2. Crucial
3. Kingston
4. ComputerWar
5. Understanding Memory
6. LowYat
7. Thundermatch
8. Memtest86+
9. http://hcidesign.com/memtest/


0 Responses to “DDR SDRAM (PC3200) - 400MHz”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3