Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




A Broken Wine Glass


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Last week during CNY period, I had a few friends over to my place for a visit. I invited them over to have a drink cause I told them I have a few bottles of white wine. I like white more than red at the moment. Its much more smoother, rich and easier on the tongue................that's how I feel. But if the red is a top notch quality bottle and not any under RM100 per bottle then I would gladly try it out cause so far reds are something like mass production to me. I have attended numerous wedding dinner, functions and special occasion and usually the host serve the red. Its those cheap, sour, dry and can kill your taste bug kind of wine. I don't see many people serving white at the moment and I prefer it that way. Maintaining that exclusivity and authentic taste.

Well that's not what I really want to shout about today. Its about this doc friend of mine. Since he's staying in UK practically 90% of his time, I thought wine is in his blood cause you know how Europeans and British really enjoy their wine........or was that beer !!!! Hehheheh. Anyway, the moment I serve him his glass........I was practically on the edge of my floor cause I notice how awkward his movement or his body language was telling me. I just move his wine glass away from reach (1 arm length) and I thought he should be getting the message. It was predictable. I am telling you I am a very good body language observer. I know how people react and what kind of things they are going to do before hand. I just have the gift.

Not long after, the dreaded nightmare came. With 1 swing of the hand or arm, he knock over the glass and it felt on my marble dinning table. Broken glass was shattered everyway. It was a mess and I had to clean up the mess. Was I piss off or was I angry with him ? Later on another friend related to me how this doc felt I was piss off with him. Actually I wasn't angry because of the broken glass but the mess and the worry I am in if my kids accidentally step on a small broken pieces. I worry if I didn't manage to sweep all the shattered glass. I worry if I miss out on any small pieces stuck under the chairs, table leg and etc.

It seems that young single bachelor don't really understand we man who have family. What I had in my mind about single adults and married adults was right. We think differently and we act differently. I felt single adults have to grow up and think bigger picture but unfortunately all they can talk about occasionally is sex and sex. I mean I talk about sex and sex and etc but then ....................you get the drift. Maturity. I will talk about this more next time. Its all instinct for me.

Well, the doc did offer his apology but then the harm was already done. You see, if this incident would had happen to some of my other friends who have family or mature......................perhaps its not maturity but some other aspect which I can't pinpoint as of now, their immediate reaction would have been to get up and help me clean up the mess itself. They would be very worry too cause they know broken glasses are dangerous especially family with kids. Now that's the difference with thinking, reaction, social skills and awareness.

So, I don't get piss off with the broken glass cause its only a glass which I can always buy with $$$$$ only. But I am worry about the safety of my kids and family. That's the single most important priority of any man with a family.


0 Responses to “A Broken Wine Glass”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3