Curiosity, Thoughts and Whatever...

I'm not a regular blogger just occasionally wanna share some thoughts and ideas to the rest of the world. Hope you like what you see and written.....:))




Confinement


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today, I want to discuss about the above issue. Its kind of complex if you ask me. It begins like this......my sister-in-law had just given birth to a baby. So was wondering with all the No NO and nOs given by the elders, friends, relatives and etc.........who is who .....is right !!! Honestly, what is the normal practice and why are there so many differences of opinion and practices. The Hakka, Hainanese, Teo Chew .............how about European, American and Japanese. Every woman..........maybe not........let me re-phrase it.......most woman go through it and yet they come out of it fine. Let me start by listing down the culture/practices.
 
1. Cannot touch/wash hands and bath with plain water.
2. Cannot wash hair.
3. Eat only food cooked with ginger, wine, medicinal herbs and etc
4. Can only bath using boil water with ginger skin added
5. Cannot go out for at least a month worry will catch cold
6. Cannot drink carbonated can drinks
7. Cannot take cold food and ice
 
Seem rather few .........what did I miss out. Anyway, was curious what other people with different cultures do ? Do they have the same rules and practices ? Had been asking around people that I know and some gave me the answer that .....ah ya.......kua loh got 4 season, had different diet and are totally different wat. Not sure I would be agreeable or not. My wife thinks I'm nonsense. :))


0 Responses to “Confinement”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3